Role: Assistant Residential Worker
Circa Salary: £20,000 per annum, plus £50 per sleep in allowance.
Perks:: Annual leave of 29 days (pro-rata) PLUS public holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, up to 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands, check out more on our careers portal.
Contract/Hours: Permanent Full Time 37 hours a week. Shift times are 7am to 3pm, 2pm to 10pm. Waking Nights are 9.45pm to 7.45am. Sleep Ins will be required as and when necessary.
Closing Date: Midnight on 3rd June if we receive a high number of applications, we may have to close earlier than advertised.
Location: High Wycombe
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Action for Children. Spare us five minutes, and we'll tell you what you need to know…
About Action for Children
At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. We're committed to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to thrive. We protect and support vulnerable children, young people and their families by giving them the practical and emotional care and support they need. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard, and campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
Merryfields is a 14 bed Short Break Residential Service providing 24 hour care for 5 to 18 year olds with moderate to severe learning disabilities. We strive and work towards providing top tiered person – centered care. We also hold various activities on a day-to-day basis to encourage social experiences and promote equality and diversity throughout the service.
What you will be doing
In the role of Assistant Residential Worker, it will be your responsibility to liaise with the children, young people and their families to ensure that their care is always to the best possible standard. You will also be supporting them with all aspects of their care.
You'll do this by:
- Supporting the service, we provide to children.
- Supporting young people during their short breaks stay, including medication requirements, full training is provided.
- Taking responsibility for the personal care and routines of the young people.
- Supporting young people to achieve positive outcomes.
- Being responsible for the safeguarding of young people.
- Link working with young people (managing paperwork and files).
You will need:
- Experience of working with children or young people (experience working with children with disabilities would be an advantage).
- QCF 3 diploma for children and Young People's workforce social care pathway or equivalent is desirable, or the willingness to work towards this.
- Working off your own initiative.
- A positive and confident approach to engaging with children and young people.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working hours (service open seven days a week).
- A good standard of written English and the ability to make accurate notes for record-keeping purposes.
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. Given this and how having a diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
We offer career progression and the opportunity to further develop your skills and qualifications
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, Patience, Friendly, Communicative
Foster Care Jobs, Social Worker Jobs, Assistant Residential Worker Jobs