We are looking to recruit full and part time Centre Facilitators to join our wider staff team. These roles are initially funded until 30th June 2023 and are all year round. Each role will be based in one of our 6 Children and Family Centres in Gloucester city.
Centre Facilitators are at the heart of our centres and the role is varied, interesting and challenging. This is an exciting opportunity to support local children and their families and be a part of the wider community.
Main duties of the role include
- Providing a welcoming and inclusive front of house service (reception) for everyone visiting or contacting our centres
- Providing generic signposting and information for families needing support – including distributing food bank vouchers, supporting families to make a self-referral into the service and arranging transport where needed
- Create interesting, inclusive and relevant display boards around the centre on a regular basis
- To be part of a wider admin team providing consistent administrative support to the service
- Recording data and uploading documents on our Liquid Logic database and Outcome Star system and, at times, collating data for monitoring reports
- To work with our Senior Administrator to ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met including coordinating any maintenance and repairs needed
Main skills needed for the role
- A good understanding of professional boundaries and able to maintain these at all times
- Be able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- A good work ethic, including timekeeping, attendance and a genuine commitment to the role
- Able to apply sensitive listening skills and providing a calm influence, particularly when visitors may become agitated, angry or upset
- Confident using IT systems including Outlook, Excel and Word
Barnardo's is a national organisation and as such uses generic job descriptions and person specifications in their recruitment. In order to demonstrate your abilities when completing your application form, please ensure you refer specifically to the information included in the additional information.
If you would like any further information, please contact us at [email protected]
Barnardo's offers a hybrid working model covered under our `Work from Anywhere' Framework, therefore vacancies advertised with this as an opportunity are open for applicants to either work from home or any location within the UK, including Barnardo's Hub/Office that is a reasonable distance from your home address.
Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.
Confident using IT systems including Outlook, Excel and Word, A good understanding of professional boundaries and able to maintain these at all times - Be able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner - A good work ethic, including timekeeping, attendance and a genuine commitment to the role - Able to apply sensitive listening skills and providing a calm influence, particularly when visitors may become agitated, angry or upset